Nick Klein, Owner and Master Personal Trainer
Hello, my name is Nick Klein. I am the proud founder and director of Grand Rapids exclusive personal training studio, Body By Choice Training (BBCT). My team and I specialize in outcome-driven, effective methods of training, exercise, education, nutrition and supplementation for clients and personal trainers alike.
For those seeking excellence, I have proven results using my individualized approach to personal training. This individualized approach, over 30,000 hours of client training, knowledge and practical philosophies allow my clients to transform their bodies, and to achieve Optimal Health naturally. Often people come to us with little hope, poor health, injuries, no personal belief that what we offer could ever benefit them. My personal satisfaction: watching those people thrive.
As a leader and forward thinker, and with my wisdom and knowledge, I will continue to make an impact with the gift of greater health. I have traveled all over the world learning from some of the best strength coaches, nutritionists, and mindset consultants to create an approach that is very individual specific and that provides the tools here at BBCT. We want to work with anyone who is serious about really stepping up their results and getting in the best shape of their lives.
You are biochemically different from the person next to you. Your best results will come from personalized information using a tailored approach. What we do here at BBCT is highly specialized and individualized to match each person’s biochemistry at the highest level. So, if you have the will to improve, the outcome is virtually guaranteed.
I receive tremendous personal satisfaction helping people live healthier lives and achieve their goals. My team and I have helped those with difﬁcult injuries, post-surgery/physical therapy recovery, battling the inevitable aging process, and those going after and achieving competitive goals.
I know for sure 5 things:
1. Exercise without a Plan is not optimum.
2. Exercise plans can be optimized when they are personalized. Anyone can improve.
3. Exercise that results in injury is both physically and psychologically debilitating.
4. Follow up and Accountability are mandatory for results.
5. Health is a long term investment.
I genuinely care about your overall well-being. My goal is not only to improve your physical well-being, but also your emotional and spiritual well-being. I strive to improve myself every day in an effort to stay up-to-date with all the latest research concerning ﬁtness, nutrition, and supplementation. We hope to have the opportunity to help cultivate your gift of life with personalized fitness and care. I encourage you to review my professional development and my story below.”
– Nick Klein
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Fitness in Preventative and Rehabilitative Programs from Central Michigan University – 2009
- Minor in Community Health from Central Michigan University – 2009
- American College of Sports Medicine Certiﬁcation – 2010
- Internship at East Hills Athletic Club – 2010
- Charles Poliquin, BioSignature Level 1 – 2010 (Scottsdale AZ)
- PICP Level 1 Certiﬁcation – 2011 (Ottawa Canada)
- PICP Level 2 State Coach Certiﬁcation – 2011 (Ottawa Canada)
- Private Internship, Eric Falstrault, Level 5 PICP Strength Coach – 2011 (Montreal Canada)
- Charles Poliquin BioSignature Level 1 – 2011 (East Greenwich RI)
- Fascia Stretch Therapy – 2012 (Toronto Canada)
- Fat Loss Bootcamp Internship, Charles Poliquin – 2012 (East Greenwich RI)
- Eleiko Strength Summit – 2012 (East Greenwich RI)
- Charles Poliquin, BioSignature Level 2 – 2013 (Toronto Canada)
- Poliquin Instant Muscle Strengthening Certiﬁcation – 2013 (Toronto Canada)
- Fascia Abrasion Tool Certiﬁcation – 2013 (Toronto Canada)
- Strength and Wellness Conference – 2013 (East Greenwich RI)
- Advanced Nutrition and Supplementation Conference – 2013 (East Greenwich RI)
- Perform Better Conference – 2014 (Chicago IL)
- Poliquin Group, Biosignature Level 1 – 2014 (Chicago IL)
- Lab Assessments and Metabolic Performance – 2014 (poliquin strength institute)
- Gut Health and Metabolic Performance – 2014 (poliquin strength institute)
- Private Internship, Luke Leaman, PICP Level 5 & Level 1 Poliquin Group Biosignature Instructor – 2014 (East Greenwich RI)
- Poliquin Group, Biosignature Level 2 -2015 (Toronto Canada)
- Private Internship, Christian Maurice, PICP Level 4 & accomplished Naturopath – 2015 (Montreal Canada)
- Detoxiﬁcation, A Whole Body Approach – 2015 (poliquin strength institute)
- Effects of Stress on Sleep – 2015 (poliquin strength institute)
- Performance Training and Recovery – 2015 (poliquin strength institute)
- Private Fat-Loss Seminar, Muscle Nerd Inc. (Toronto Canada) – 11/15/2015
- The Meeting of the Minds, Charles Poliquin & Ed Seykota (Dallas, Texas) – 11/21/2015
- Fascia Stretch Therapy Level 2 (Toronto, Canada) – 4/2016
- Designing Effective Hypertrophy Programs – 2016 (Poliquin Strength Institute)
- Designing Effective Relative Strength Programs – 2016 (Poliquin Strength Institute)
- Designing Explosive Strength Using Plyometrics – 2016 (Poliquin Strength Institute)
- Poliquin Group, Biosignature Level 2 – 2016 (East Greenwich, RI)
- PICP Level 3 Certiﬁcation – 2017 (Chicago, Il.)
- Wolfpack Mentorship w/ Australian Premier Coach Mark Ottobre – 2018 (Melbourne, Australia)
I started my journey into fitness because I was hungry to learn more about strength and conditioning and because I wanted to get an extra edge and improve my skill sets.
I love being in the gym because it is a place where I am consistently able to push myself to reach my new personal best.
As a child, my passion was competition and my only goal was to become a professional athlete. I was so determined to achieve excellence that I would go to any length to succeed. If my team lost, it wouldn’t just ruin my day, it would ruin my week, I hated the failure.
I played baseball, football, basketball and wrestling and I was fortunate to come from good stock and be blessed with coordination and athleticism. I hit puberty and peaked earlier than most of my friends, which put me far ahead of my competitors and was considered a top athlete.
As I hit my sophomore year in high school, my friends and fellow competitors began catching up to me. I continued to work hard to perfect my sport(s) but I was no longer the fastest or the strongest.
I was really frustrated because I always seemed to come up short. In my Junior and Senior years of high school, in both baseball and football, we lost in the semi-finals. This is where my fitness journey began, I did not want to come up short again.
I started as a “gym rat” and along the way, met Charles Poliquin. Charles is among the best strength coaches in the world and his methodology is bringing truth to the industry, backed by science and results.
I went to college with the goal of being in the health field but most of what I was learning pertained to clinical occupations, which didn’t really interest me.
I wanted a job that didn’t feel like work and was something that I was passionate about.
At the same time I was studying exercise physiology in college, Poliquin created a personal training certification. I decided to take his Level 1 & Level 2 pt certifications.
I was blown away by these courses! I learned that how I was training was sabotaging my performance. Doing a lot of aerobic cardio, eating wheat and carb-loading before an event and lifting weights without knowing the programs training effect were just a few of many things I learned.
Another thing Charles said that stuck with me was that, if you want to be the best, you must invest in at least 4 top-quality education courses each and every year. I quickly raised my hand and asked how a college kid like myself could afford that. This course I was at took all but $100 that I had to my name. He simply replied with a smile, “The more you learn, the more you earn”. He also said that I would get every dollar back and then some. He was absolutely right, as return on investment was 10-fold what I had paid for the course.
During college, I began to miss competition and decided to pursue boxing. My father was a successful boxer and from a young age, it was always something I wanted to do, but my mother wouldn’t allow it. Can you blame her?! I understood where she was coming from, I don’t know many mothers that want to see their children getting hit in the head every day for sport.
Now that I was older, I decided to give it a try and I immediately loved it! The discipline that it required was right up my alley!
I excelled very quickly in the sport but again, I came up short, losing in 2 Golden Glove State Finals. I stuck with in another year and kept taking various courses and seminars in hopes that it would lead me to a championship. However, as I kept taking courses, my passion shifted from being an athlete to a student pursuing excellence in my new craft.
As graduation came near, I landed an internship at a big box gym in my hometown and I began applying what I was learning and began personal training. In a 10-year time-span, I compiled over 30,000 hours of training.
Along the way, I met my wife and she helped me to realize my unique qualities and gifts, which helped to empower me and further guide me in finding my passion and purpose. Out of my passion came the desire to one day open and operate my own fitness facility.
Throughout my journey, I have encountered various individuals who have helped me to learn and inspired me to grow and achieve things that I could not have otherwise achieved on my own. These individuals, along with the choices I have made and those times I came up short, have equipped me with the tools necessary to achieve my goals.
In 2013, I opened Body By Choice Training and have been blessed to find myself surrounded by an amazing team of people.
Our ultimate purpose at BBCT is to help others CULTIVATE THEIR GIFT OF LIFE through personalized fitness and healthcare.
As my team and I travel with you on your journey, we will offer you a coaches encouragement, a mentor’s guidance, a critic’s feedback, a supporter’s admiration and a friends commitment. We are in this together!!!