Signs that you are inflamed!
• Bodyfat has a very dense, hard texture to it regardless of body fat percentage
• Skin folds are painful to take
• Skin takes on a very watery, almost blurry appearance
• Increase in scale weight without an increase in muscle mass or drop in lean mass • Elevated insulin level
• High body fat
• High subscapular & umbilical measurements
• Water retention/bloating
• Acidic PH level
• High stress levels
• Tight fascia/inflexibility
• Skin has a reddish tint/blotches
• Auto immune disorders & accute/chronic pain
• Elevated blood markers for inflammation (TBD by a blood test)
What contributes to inflammation?
-Omega 6 Fats
-Poor quality meats
-To much chicken
-To many nuts
-Low wild meats and fish consumption
-Under eating/low meal frequency
-Low water Intake
-Low vegetables/fruit intake
-Lack of food rotation
-To much coffee
-Wheat, gluten, dairy, sugar, alcohol consumption
-pesticides, injected hormones/antibiotics
-Increased blood sugar (high GI carbs, stress, low sleep, inflammation-raise BS)
-Prolonged elevated stress
-Exposures to plastics and parabens
-Chronic inflammation/autoimmune disorders
o Ex: arthritis, celiac disease, allergies, etc.
-Lactic acid training
-Not stretching/foam rolling regularly
What can you do to lower inflammation?
- Avoid and take incentive on fixing the above information
- Alkalize by aiming for 1-2 servings of green vegetables at each meal
- Use greens powder in between meals
- Hydrate yourself with enough daily water. Half your body weight in ounces per day.
- Stimulate the lymphatic system by foam rolling, massage, sauna, epson salt baths andstretching daily
- Incorporate the adrenal cocktail before breakfast (1/4 teaspoon of himalayan salt mixed in 2-3 tablespoons a freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice.
- Control training volume and exercise periodization (individualize training for what you need)
- Use an inflammation protocol of nutrients